Foreigners agency specializes in providing assistance with the visa process, residency permits, nostrification (verification of school documents), document translation and other services. If interested, please contact Foreigners directly at pilsen@foreigners.czIFS students at FAMO in Pisek are entitled to a 10% discount!!!

PEXPATS provides complete support with Czech temporary and long-term visas, health insurance, housing, the verification of documents, recognition (‚nostrification‘) of foreign education and all you need to live the best life in the Czech Republic. Find PEXPATS.

FAMO recommends using one of the above services for the nostrification process.

Visa, Insurance, Emergency

Students who need a visa for their stay in the Czech Republic, should apply for the visa immediately after acceptance to studies at FAMO. It may take several months to gain the long term visa for your stay. We recommend that you submit your visa application a minimum of 3 months before your expected arrival to FAMO in Písek.

Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic

Applicants from non-EU countries should enquire about visa requirements at their local Czech Embassy or Consulate.

Contact the Czech Embassy in your country:
List of Czech Embassies

The International Film Studies Department for will provide you all needed documents such as Confirmation of enrolment into studies, Confirmation of accommodation, etc.


Please arrange your health insurance in your country before your arrival and make sure with the insurance office that your insurance is valid in the Czech Republic.

The company VZP offers health insurance for foreigners living in the Czech Republic.


In case of emergency in the Czech Republic please use the free phone numbers to find help:

  • Medical emergency, Ambulance 155
  • City Police 156
  • Police of the Czech Republic 158
  • Fire department 150
  • Breakdown Service – Yellow Angels 1230
  • Universal European emergency number 112
Recognition of academic qualifications

If you’d like to continue your studies in the Czech Republic it is necessary to obtain an official document (nostrification) verifying that your education, which you have completed, is of the same value as education provided in the Czech Republic. The process of recognition of completed education differs according to the level of education which you need to have recognized. If you’d like to study a BA with us, then you will have to have your high school studies formally recognised (nostrified).

The official website of Ministry of Education provides all needed information regarding recognition of academic qualifications in the Czech Republic.

For more information regarding the nostrification (formal recognition) of high school certificates (for those interested in studying a Bachelor’s Degree) and the nostrification of Bachelor’s Degrees (for those interested in continuing their studies with a Master’s Degree) can be found at the following: and PEXPATS are both agencys which assist foreign students to complete this process.

Useful links